Friday, November 30, 2007

Things to do in Denver


Hold on Denver - there are so many great events coming up in the next few weeks it will make your head spin. Here is just a sampling of some of the places I'll be heading to (and you should too). Events are in calendar order - starting tonight!
  • Holiday Handmade, Nov. 30th and Dec. 1st at the Capsule Events Center. An alternative craft fair with 30 vendors. Starts tonight at 6 PM. More info here.
  • Titus Andronicus! The Musical! A production by Buntport Theater running November 30th through Dec. 29th. (I highly, highly recommend this show). Also at Buntport - tRUNks, an all ages bi-weekly live comic book. Next show is Sat. December 1st at 1 and 3 PM. More info on Buntport here.
  • Frock Out Denver: Independent Designers Challenge. Runway Show at the Central Library, Tuesday, December 6th from 8- 9 PM. More info here.
  • First Friday Openings: Friday, December 7th. These happen all over the place, but I'll be going to Consume + Create at the Plastic Chapel. Artwork by Josh Wills, co-owner of the Fabric Lab. Opening from 7-11 PM.
  • Bizarre Bazaar - an alternative community craft fair with music! Saturday, December 8th from 10 AM - 6 PM at Brooks Arts Center, 1400 Williams. More info here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(sorry to add another advertisement...but I'm going to anyways) This is another fun seasonal event that is coming up soon that I think readers of this blog would be interested in:
Bough House - modern holiday trees reinterpreted by local designers
more info and the trees here:
http://boughhouse.vox.com/

hautenature* said...

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for posting all these fun events in Denver--I'll have to drive over to Denver for them this coming week. Thank you again for showing our piece of furniture at your Colorado Designers show. I am half of Art With Function-we had the cabinet with black and white images on it. I think you'd enjoy my blog too.
Ciao XO
Holland

jaime said...

Hi Cindy - Thanks, I added that event to the sidebar. See you at craft madness later!

Hi Holland - I am already a fan of your blog, I check it out often! I also really like your work (I first saw it at Haute Green in NY). I plan on putting together another CO-Design Show next year, hopefully bigger and better!