Sunday, May 20, 2007

ICFF Day 2: For the Kids

I don't usually cover children's furniture on designklub, but there was so much of it at ICFF, I figured I'd share the highlights.

Fun bedding and textiles from newcomers Boodalee.

I may not have kids, but I do recognize a useful design when I see one. The 'HiLo' by Age is one of those clever pieces that is so simple, it's brilliant. One side acts as a high chair, the other a taller kids seat.

Of all the children's companies I saw, Celery was my favorite. Not only are the designs eco-friendly (recycled materials, formaldehyde-free), but they are also wonderfully simple. Instead of messing around with tiny pieces of hardware, the furniture is held together with wedges, which makes the pieces just as much fun to assemble as they are to use.

No comments: