Friday, December 15, 2006

J. Mendicino


Just spotted artist Joanna Mendicino's pretty vases at Rare Device. I am particularly fond of her cut-out designs, which include everything from shorebirds (above) to cobblestones and pin cushions. Joanna's "crafty modern" style reminds me of Jonathan Adler's work: simple, clean and above all - fun.

A quick thanks to Holly at decor8 for selecting designklub as her 'Blog of the Week'! The spotlight has ended for now, but hopefully people will keep coming back to visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are truly amazing. I took some pottery in college, and let me tell you, it ain't easy to do that with clay. Cheers!
-Nate

jaime said...

Hmm...I'm taking a ceramics class starting in January and I had grand visions of all the beautiful things I'd be turning out. Guess I'll have to wait and see. - J