Friday, March 30, 2007

Austrian Design: BDF Table Chair

Austria: home of the 'Sound of Music', schnitzel...and some very cool design. For the next few days I'm going to focus on the often overlooked designers of Austria. I've written about a few of them already, (even though I meant to save them for this piece), but there's plenty of good design to go around.

First up is Buchegger, Denoth & Feichtner. Their 'Table Chair' is another clever multi-purpose piece (I seem to be talking about these a lot lately). The concept is simple enough, but it's the bold interior graphics that really grab your attention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please please, would be very nice to know where one could buy these austrian goodies in New York? or can they be ordered on line?

jaime said...

Hi anusha73,

I was going to go searching for an answer, but from your comments on AT, it looks like you took care of that and went right to the source! For everyone else the chair should be in production by the end of 2007. Thanks anusha73!

Anonymous said...

I dont get it....where can we get this chair?

jaime said...

Hi Shirley,

It's not in production yet, so currently...nowhere. As I said it should be available by the end of the year - the manufacturer may have a waitlist or something if you want to contact them. Thanks!