I’ve been tagged by Catherine at Domino magazine in a little game of internet show and tell. I’m supposed to reveal 5 interesting things about myself – here goes:
1. I own two cookbooks: ‘Everything Tastes Better With Bacon’ and ‘The Garden of Vegan.’ Every year I host two dinner parties centered around each theme. My friends pick which party they want to attend (it’s pretty much divided down party lines with the veggies/vegans at one and the meat people at the other). The vegan party is always delicious and the bacon party is always a little disgusting (but delicious). And yes even the desserts have bacon - this year I made a bacon apple pie!
2. I have an irrational fear of moths. I think it’s their unpredictability that unnerves me.
3. I can’t decide where to live. So far I’ve tried Boston, Austin, DC, New Orleans and Denver and I’m still not settled. Ideally I want to live somewhere that is: warm, by the ocean, affordable and in a decent size city. Any suggestions?
4. I like NASCAR, much to the embarrassment of my friends. If I had loads of money I’d rent an RV, travel the NASCAR circuit for a summer and write a book about it. If any NASCAR representatives read this, want to sponsor my dream? A design girl travels with the NASCAR guys!
5. My friend Becky and I are co-captains of a kickball team called 'Science for the People'. Our team colors are midnight blue and fuchsia and our team pattern is argyle.I’m going to tag Anna of Sub-Studio, the ladies at Sabine Brandt, Fieltromania and Face Hunter. Posts to come later!