Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Best of Boston: Vessel


Another stop on my Boston design tour was the Vessel store in Chinatown. I feel kind of bad that I didn't take any photos of Vessel products (I'm a big fan of Vessel's fun, affordable line of home accessories), but it was a nice surprise to see they carried other designer's work as well.

This was my first, in-person glimpse of both
K Studio and Bev Hisey's products and I have to say I was quite impressed by the craftsmanship of both. While Bev focuses on simple, clean cut designs (above) K Studio offers the homemade touch with their cute embroidered imagery and use of organic materials.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very cool blog. Congrats from Brazil!

jaime said...

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's always amazing to me how people find designklub. I hope you keep reading and feel free to pass along any interesting design finds from Brazil.

- Jaime

Anonymous said...

jaime, my english is not so good, but i'll try to explain how i fond your blog. i'm also a blogger (www.neorama.wordpress.com) and i posted about doosey lamps, when i was searching for polka's work, i don't know how i got to yout link. hehe, internet is wonderful, don't you think? when i got some really good design stuff here in brazil, i'll send to you! Tchau!